HOW HOME HEALTH BENEFITS YOUR PRACTICE
Referring patients to home health is a great way to extend your practice to patients in the home environment between physician visits.
Healthcare Resources Home Health is a great resource for:
- Falls risk assessment to determine if your patients are at risk of falls/injury in the home.
- Caregiver assessment to determine if your patients have adequate support and care in their home to aid in the recovery process.
- Identifies the need for DME or equipment to make the home environment safer.
- Community resources to assist patients with medications, food, clothing and other essentials needed for overall good health. Referrals for additional services such as sitters, transportation, socialization, bereavement, banking/trust, relocation services and estate sales.
- RN on call 24/7 to address non-emergency episodes and to provide patient updates to the physician.
- RN available to the patients and physicians 24/7 via cell phone so you don't have the hassle of an answering service.
- Patient evaluations performed on the weekends and holidays if needed. Post-hospital assessments are performed within 24-48 hours of the return home to decrease re-hospitalization.
- Expertise in the field of Geriatric care. The RN's at Healthcare Resources have an average of 15 years of nursing experience. With Diabetic specialists, Wound/Ostomy Certified Nurse (WOCN), Cardiac Nursing, ICU/Critical Care, Oncology and other specialties.
Skilled Nursing Services:
- Wound care including vac's. Removal of staples or sutures.
- Injections and/or instruction to pt/caregivers how to self-inject.
- Ostomy care and supplies (if a pt is receiving home health services, the agency must provide the ostomy supplies for the pt)
- Catheter care including necessary medical supplies
- Lab's including PT/INR's with micro-coagulation devices for instant results
- IV infusions
- Teaching and Training related to disease processes, pre/post-op procedures, medications, treatments, safety, emergency preparedness and health maintenance.
- Specialty programs such as pain control with TEMS units, Cardiac Rehab, post-surgical recovery, Diabetic management program, bowel/bladder training program.
Healthcare Resources Home Health provides extensive therapy programs focused on patient recovery to optomize health status and independence to include:
- Home Exercise Programs for the pts and cargivers. Instruction booklets and plan for daily exercises provided to each patient to track progression. Thera-bands provided to the patients for resistence training.
- DME instructions for pts and caregivers for safety with transfers, ambulation and bathing.
- Wheel chair seating assessments
- Hot/cold therapy as ordered for joint pain and post-surgical recovery
- Cardiac Rehab Program focused on cardiac recovery, stamina, endurance, oxygenation improvement, muscle tone and strengthening.
- Speech recovery following CVA or other disease process affecting speech/communication, swallowing and/or eating. Teaching/training on alternate methods of communication and devices.
If your patients would benefit from any services offered by Healthcare Resources, please call 817-633-2273 or fax the referral to 817-633-2274.